It's almost time to sTOP.
= It's time to finish the class.
下课时间马上就到了。
A: It's almost time to sTOP.
下课时间马上就到了。
B: Don't make noise. I'm taking notes.
不要说话,我在记笔记呢。
That's the bell for dismissal.
下课铃响了。
A:That's the bell for dismissal.
下课铃响了。
B: Don't leave. I have something to tell you.
别走,我有话和你说。
dismissal n. 解散,撤退
I'm sorry I have to keep you here for ten minutes more.
抱歉,我得拖十分钟的堂。
A: I'm sorry I have to keep you here for ten minutes more.
抱歉,我得拖十分钟的堂。
B: It doesn't matter.
没关系。
We still have a couple of minutes left.
大家还有几分钟时间。
It seems we have a few minutes left
仿佛大家还剩下几分钟时间。
A: It's time to sTOP.
该下课了。
B: We still have a couple of minutes left.
大家还有几分钟的时间。
a couple of两三个,(少数)几个
We seem to have finished a few minutes early.
大家仿佛提前几分钟下课了。
A: We seem to have finished a few minutes early.
大家仿佛提前几分钟下课了。
B: Just on the contrary.
正好相反。
I don't think we've got time to finish it now.
我想目前大家没时间把这个讲完了。
A: I don't think we've got time to finish it now.
我想目前大家没时间把这个讲完了。
B: Please go ahead.
请继续讲吧。
We run out of time, and we'll go on next time.
时间到了,下次继续。
A: We run out of time, and well go on next time.
时间到了,下次继续。
B: Can we go now, sir?
老师,大家目前能走了吗?
run out of表示花光了时间,资金(等资源)。
Let's call it a day.
= So much for today.
= That's all far today.
大家今天就到这里。
call it a day今天到此为止
Goodbye, class.
同学们,再见。
A:Goodbye.class.
同学们,再见。
B:Goodbye,Prof.Smith.
再见,史密斯教授。
May I have an appointment with you today?
今天可以和你见个面吗?
A: May I have an appointment with you today? I want to further discuss the problem.
今天可以和你见个面吗?我想再深入讨论一下这个问题。
B: Sure. But you'd better give me a call before coming to my office.
当然可以。但你最好在来我办公室之前先打个电话给我。